In a time crunch? Do you need an aircraft part yesterday? How do you know which FAA repair station is the right MRO partner?
Ultimately, it’s best to pinpoint a part 145 repair station partner before trouble strikes or the need for a spare part arrives, but these simple tips will help you narrow down potential partners and quickly identify the one that best suits your needs.
Aerospace customers often note pain points of costly repairs, long turnaround times and less than responsive customer service. Almost every FAA repair station website leads with their focus on quality craftsmanship, and yes that is highly important for a part 145 repair station partner, but what about the little details that make the biggest difference?
Dive into questions around these three areas with your list of potential FAA repair station partners and you’ll easily narrow down your prospects.
- The Basics
- What’s their standard labor rate? Expedited labor rate?
- Are there standard lead times?
- Is their shop available 24/7?
- Do they have in-stock parts?
- Are there strong supply chain vendor relationships in place?
- Diving Deeper
- How long have they been in business?
- How many customers do you serve?
- Do they have dedicated account managers and customer service personnel?
- How would they rate their team on responsiveness?
- What does client communication look like?
- Do they have references?
- Bonus Points
- How transparent are they?
- How flexible are they?
- Do they consider themselves problem solvers? Examples?
- Are there cost-effective measures in place to help reduce costs when possible?
A real part 145 repair station partner is transparent and clearly communicates. They are true problem solvers at heart. They advise of actual lead times. They break down costs. And above all they are highly responsive.
Don’t settle for anything less.